Saturday, March 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Ambrose!

Happy Birthday Ambrose!

My foray into fondant; I made it from a recipe I got here:
 Because it is such a great book (and Ambrose likes to poke his fingers through the holes in the fruits) and because when Ambrose was wigglin' round inside me, he made me a Very Hungry Caterpillar and now he is a Very Hungry Caterpillar too, I decided to theme the party on that marvelous work by Eric Carle.

On Saturday, he at through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone, one pickle . . . 
The Beautiful Butterfly as a clothespin-tissue paper refrigerator magnet.  Party favors for the little kids and grown-ups.  (As a side note, my unbelievable husband stayed up with me till one in the morning watercolor-ing all those wings.  I do not deserve this man.)

Party time!  Nice day on the patio.

Babies everywhere!  The other two are the children of two of the other girls in my Centering Pregnancy group at the Lisa Ross Birth and Women's Center.

I mean, really?  Can he get any cuter?

Give.  Me.  That.

Om-nom-nom-nom!


That's delicious.

 I made "hand kites" from napkin rings varnished with olive oil and beeswax.  I got the idea on etsy.com and the process from another blog: http://gsfool.blogspot.com/2011/08/ribbon-hand-kite-tutorial.html

Loves playing with his Grandpa!  I think it was a successful party.  We also passed around a book for everyone to write to Ambrose about his first year.  And I'm already excited about what I will do next year!  What an awesome day!

3 comments:

  1. just gotta say you gave that kid the coolest, most inspired cake yet- i've sympathized with The Very Hungry Caterpillar many a late night and couldn't imagine not having Eric Carle's beautiful illustrations to revel in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day! That cake (and the boy) are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lauren. Sooooooooo awesome! Wish We could've been there. Mel

    ReplyDelete